Mike Plungis started homebrewing years ago with a kit his family gave to him for Father’s Day. His hobby turned into a passion and now he is Lakewood, Colorado‘s Great Frontier Brewing Company founder. Mike was inspired to brew gluten-free beers after his wife, Annie, and an increasing number of family and friends were diagnosed with Celiac disease or some level of gluten intolerance. The initials of Great Frontier are “GF”, signifying the gluten-free beers they specialize in producing that actually taste like regular beers.
Mike’s first gluten-free recipe, the Blonde Annie, received top scores at the 2011 National Home Brewing Competition. A few months later, Mike brewed the recipe with a local brewery who entered it into the Great American Beer Festival. It won the very first gold medal in the Gluten-Free Beer category! EZ Lakewood Junk Removal
Recently, Mike has put his skills and ingenuity to good use, brewing a farmhouse ale with yeast from Lithuania. Both sets of his grandparents were from Lithuania and immigrated to the United States around 1910. This brew pays homage to them and is a celebration of the diverse melting pot that is America.
They are making sure that you will stop in and enjoy a variety of fresh, hand-crafted traditional, gluten-free, and gluten-reduced beers with your friends and family. The Great Frontier of Lakewood is looking forward to seeing you!
- Blonde Annie (GF) Blonde Ale * ABV 5.2% * IBU 20 Flavorful and light-bodied beer made from sorghum, Colorado honey and hops.
- Willy’s Irish Red Mustache (GR) Irish Red Ale * ABV 5.5% * IBU 22 A rich copper-red ale with a lightly toasted malt character.
- Colorado Pale Ale (GR) American Pale Ale * ABV 5.8% * IBU 38 The “CPA” has a nice balance of malty and hoppy flavors from Centennial, Cascade, and Galaxy Hops.
- Oak Street DIPA (GR) Double IPA * ABV 7.5% * IBU 102 A well balanced Double India Pale Ale has a citrusy aroma and flavor from a blend of six types of hops.
- Amigo Mexican Lager (GR) Mexican Lager * ABV 4.5% * IBU 12 A Crisp and refreshing summertime beer with a hint of lemon and lime.
- Tailwaters Hazy IPA American IPA * ABV 6.3% * IBU 56 Low bitterness with lots of grapefruit and other fruity aromas and tastes.
- Lithuanian Farmhouse Ale Historical Beer * ABV 5.6% * IBU 26 A true Lithuanian farmhouse ale, brewed with Lithuanian yeast and by a Lithuanian brewer. Sveikas!
Address: 2010 S Oak St, Lakewood, CO
Check other attractions in Lakewood like Bear Creek Lake Park