Southern Gables is a neighborhood established in south Lakewood, Colorado. Every home in the is located at Garrison Street up ‘til Wadsworth Boulevard, and Morrison Road to Jewell Avenue. The neighborhood association was formed in 1973 when a car dealership businessman wanted to purchase land within the neighborhood. The residents have organized collectively to have a better negotiation with the dealership in ensuring a good working relationship with one another. Somehow, it all worked out; the dealership corporation has been a good neighbor to the community, as well as the association has been thriving for the betterment all these years.
Southern Gables Neighborhood Association is a voluntary yet encouraged organization where volunteer residents of Southern Gables and the adjacent Valley View subdivision. The Association aims to tell all the visitors about the neighborhood. To enable everyone in inclining to look for rewarding volunteer work for the sustainability of everyone.
The Southern Gables neighborhood boasts its beautiful environment, responsible governance, sustainable development, excellent schools, and exceptional public safety. The beautiful setting in the gateway of the Rocky Mountains has made Lakewood one of the most desirable locations to reside and build your career.
- Green Gables Elementary School is located at 8701 W. Woodard Dr. Lakewood, CO.
- Carmody Middle School located at 2050 S. Kipling Street Lakewood, CO
- Bear Creek High School is located at 9800 West Dartmouth Place Lakewood, CO
- Carmody Recreation Center located 2200 So. Kipling Lakewood, CO
- Green Mountain Recreation Center located at 13198 West Green Mountain Drive Lakewood, CO
- Lakewood Link Recreation Center located 1295 South Reed Street Lakewood, CO
- Charles Whitlock Recreation Center located 1555 Dover Street Lakewood, CO
- Bear Creek Lake Regional Park located at 15600 West Morrison Rd, Lakewood, CO
- Kendrick Lake Park 9351 W. Jewell Ave. Lakewood, CO
- The Stone House located at 2775 South Estes Street Lakewood, CO EZ Lakewood Junk Removal
- Fox Hollow Golf Course located at 13410 W. Morrison Rd., Lakewood, CO
- The Homestead Golf Course is located at 11500 W. Hampden Ave., Lakewood, CO
- Belmar is located at 408 S. Teller St. Lakewood, CO
- Colorado Mills is located at 14500 W. Colfax Avenue Lakewood, CO
Southern Gables is composed of a very passionate community that has volunteered their time in contributing money for the neighborhood’s development and beautification. One of the volunteering groups of the neighborhood is the CASA of Jefferson and Glipin Country that supports and advocates for abused and neglected children. Another one is the Action Center that provides a wide range of services to all homeless and other struggling residents.
Check out other neighborhoods like Kendrick Lake